How to add credits to your page
- Make sure we already list the title. If we don’t list the title yet, submit it through our New Title Submission Form first. We can’t add something to your filmography if we don’t have it yet!
- Find your page. If you already have at least one credit on IMDb, visit your page by searching for your name with a regular IMDb search. All pages on IMDb feature a search box at the top of the page. Enter your name and click the ‘Go’ button to start the search. Make sure you haven’t found the page of someone else with the same name as you. If any of the credits are not yours we need to split them to the other person’s page first.
- After you've found your page (that contains only your credits!), scroll down to the bottom and click the button labeled ‘Edit Page’. You will be taken to the appropriate page to update your information.
- There will be a list of departments to choose from under the ‘Filmography’ headings. Select the appropriate action (‘No change’, ‘Correct/Delete’, or ‘Add n credits’) from the drop-down menu next to the relevant department. For example:
- If you want to add two new acting credits, click on the drop-down menu on the line marked ‘Actors’ or ‘Actresses’ and select ‘Add 2 credits’.
- If your credit is for something like recording mixer, you need to select ‘Add 1 credit’ from the ‘Sound Department’ drop-down.
- Any job outside the departments explicitly listed (such as location manager, script supervisor, stand-in etc.) should be submitted as ‘Other Crew’ filmography entries.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click ‘Continue’. You will be taken to a new page for the next step.
- The next page will have different sections for the categories you specified on the previous page. Find the relevant credits section and fill out the boxes:
- Title This is the title of the production you worked on. You need to spell it exactly as we list it. Find the title’s page on IMDb and see how we display the title in big letters at the top of the page. It will be followed by a year in brackets and it may have double quotes around it. You need the year and the brackets and all of this punctuation exactly as we display it. Enter this into the title box. Tip! Another way of making sure you add the correct title, is to paste in the title’s t-const instead. To find the t-const, open another tab in your browser. Find the title’s page on IMDb. Now look at the address in your browser’s address bar. It should read something like ‘http://pro.imdb.com/title/tt0000000/’. The number at the end of this address, starting with ‘tt’ is the t-const. Copy this number, including the ‘tt’ but not any of the forward slashes. Go back to the other browser tab and paste this into the title box.
- Character (cast only) If you were a member of the cast (not the crew), you will need to enter a character name. In most cases, we want the character name exactly as it appeared on the screen in the credits. There are a few exceptions to this rule, so please see our guide for more info.
- Occupation (crew only) If you were a member of the crew (not the cast), you will need to enter what your specific occupation was with regard to this production. The most common occupations within this department will be listed in the drop-down menu. If your occupation isn’t in the menu then select ‘Other’ and enter it yourself in the box underneath. If you’re entering the occupation yourself, then it’s especially important that you read our guide.
- Attribute (if applicable) Most filmography additions will have a box marked . This box is used to provide additional details about the credit. For example (this is the most common usage) if you worked on a film but your name did not appear in the on-screen credits, you need to put (uncredited) in the attribute box. The attribute box is not the place to include extra information like the name of the film's director, or the fact that the TV movie for which you're adding the credit was a pilot, or anything else. If in doubt, leave this box blank. See here for more information.
- Order (if applicable) This is the order in which your name appeared on the screen in the credits, relevant to the other credited people. This is not the order you want this credit to be on your filmography. If you weren’t listed in the on-screen credits then don’t enter an order number, just make sure you’ve put (uncredited) in the attribute box. See here for more information.
- When you've entered all the information, go to the bottom of the page and click ‘Check these updates’ to proceed to the next step.
- If you’ve entered everything correctly, your data will be ready to submit and you will see a ‘Submit these updates’ button at the bottom of the page. Otherwise, errors will be highlighted and the form will ask you to correct them before you're allowed to proceed (for example, you may have submitted an incorrect title or an unknown job occupation). If you need to correct anything, just follow the on-screen instructions and correct your submission or supply the missing data and click ‘Re-check these updates’ to try again.
- To display a detailed list of the changes you're about to send, click ‘Click to see full summary’.
- To complete your update, click ‘Submit these updates’ and your changes will be sent to the IMDb Data Editors for processing. You will also receive an email confirmation of your submission.
Please Note: We often need to check your updates before we complete them. The time it takes us to do this can vary. Please see here for our current waiting times.
Did this answer your question?
Yes: Return to the IMDbPro homepage
No: Back to previous choice - Top help menu -
Contact our Help Desk.